Due to the University of Richmond’s closure as a response to COVID-19, the Symposium will not be held as a live event. JOLT will be holding a virtual Symposium at the end of April. The date will be announced as soon as possible. We will provide updates here as they become available. Please continue to register for the event so we can provide you with email updates. Thank you for understanding.
Technology, Innovation, & Modern Lawyering
Join the Journal of Law & Technology at their Spring Symposium to explore the changes technology has inspired in the business model of legal practices. Speakers will discuss a variety of topics including how innovations in technology and data analytics are transforming the private sector and access to justice, as well as the ethical implications that arise with the implementation of technologies into a legal practice.
Event is free to attend, but registration is required. Breakfast and lunch will be served.
- 8:30 – 9:00 am : Registration
- 9:00 – 9:10 am : Opening Remarks
- 9:10 – 9:55 am : “Modernizing the Practice of Modern Law” – Lucy Bassli, Founder of InnoLegal Services, PLLC
- 9:55 – 10:40 am : “Moving a Small Firm into the New Technology Age” – Sam Glover, Founder of Lawyerist.com
- 10:40 – 10:50 am : Break
- 10:50 – 11:35 am : “Innovative Uses of Technology for Everyday Practice” – Chad Burton, CEO, CuroLegal
- 11:35 – 12:05 pm : “Title TBD” – Jacob Tingen, Managing Partner, Tingen & Williams
- 12:05 – 1:05 pm : Lunch
- 1:05 – 1:50 pm : “AI for Lawyers: How can I be Cutting Edge?” – Damien Riehl, Managing Director, Fastcase Legal Research Platform
- 1:50 – 2:20 pm : “Ethical Use of Social Media and Technology” – Danielle Giroux, Partner, Harman Claytor Corrigan & Wellman, P.C.
- 2:20 – 2:30 pm : Break
- 2:30 – 3:15 pm : “Automatic to Serve the ‘Latent Legal Market'” – Dorna Moini, Founder & CEO, Documate
- 3:15 – 3:55 pm : “Technology and the Legal Aid of the Future” – Matthew Stubenberg, Associate Director of Legal Technology, Access to Justice Lab, Harvard Law School
- 3:55 – 4:25 pm : “Walk Before You Run: A Guide to A2J Technology” – Amanda Brown, Founder of Lagniappe Law
- 4:25 – 4:30 pm : Closing Remarks